Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Humid New York

How did I do it for 18 years?  How did I live in a humid climate?  Why didn't I melt?  I am up in upstate New York for a few days with my mom, sister, niece and her daughter and having a great time.  But this humidity is killing me!  I took a 45 minute walk and came back covered with a sheen of sweat.  Of course some people will say that women glisten.  HA!  Here you just sweat - no nice words about it.  Now I remember why I never wanted to move back to the East Coast.

Well, onward and upward.  Before we left the farm up in WA we put it up for sale (with Karl's aunt's permission of course) and we really, really expected to be in a 2 year waiting period.  Would have time to clean out the barn, house and finish cleaning the basement, etc.  Surprise!  It was sold in 3 weeks.  What? What happened to the 2 year period?  Now what do we do?  It is a 45 day escrow starting on July 10th and we are gone from the farm until the first part of August.  That means we have to be gone from the farm on August 25th.  It's going to be a BUSY few weeks.  Anybody wanna come and help?

When I finally leave here on the 14th I have one day to get ready for our motorcycle trip to Montana and Colorado.  After our last MC trip we are packing for all kinds of weather.  Watch for a blog update in a few days.  Oh wait, I let you know when a new one is posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment