Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

What a Birthday Present

We arrived in Kauai yesterday after spending a week on the big island of Hawaii.  It was great showing Tom and Debbie a new island that they had never visited before.  They asked us if we grew tired of showing people around that haven't visited before and I explained that when new people come it's like I'm seeing things I've seen before with new eyes.  I love showing people my favorite places and taking them to our favorite restaurants so that they can have a good time.






Well, today is my birthday and what better way to spend it than on my favorite island at my favorite home resort?  When I first started coming to Hawaii ( about 17 years ago) I was working as a travel agent and would come over on fact-finding trips (yeah, right).  But it did help me serve my clients better when they wanted to see Hawaii, but had never been before.  Judging what they wanted and how active they wanted to be helped me decide which island to suggest to them.  Oahu (a mini San Francisco), Maui (party central), big island (explorers).  When I got to Kauai I knew that I had found "my" island.  It's laid back, very relaxing and reminds me of the old Hawaii more than the others.  While on Kauai my husband and I took a timeshare presentation of the property we were staying in  - oceanfront, big condos, very friendly staff.  While we were standing in the "presentation" condo and trying to decide if we really wanted to buy, out on the ocean we saw a sailboat sailing under a full double rainbow.  That sealed it.  I have been an owner since 1998 and try to come back every 2-3 years.

So anyway - we are having a great time and since Tom and Debbie haven't been back to this island for 18 years we get to show them all over again!  And as I sit on the lanai overlooking the ocean, hearing the crashing surf and feeling the cool trade winds I keep reminding myself how blessed I really am.

3 comments:

  1. Pam,
    Curt and I are coming to Kauai in June to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. We are soooooo excited and so glad we decided on that island as opposed to the others. I may never leave!

    Belated Happy Birthday!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Pam ... it IS a pretty good birthday present, but I would still have liked seeing a picture of you bungee jumping into a volcano or something! ;)

    (previous post removed because it is early and I hit post instead of preview and my fingers must have been on the wrong keys)

    ReplyDelete