Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

On the road AGAIN!

Well I guess it's time for me to fire up this blog again so people won't get confused as to where we are at any one time because it is time to hit the road for our travels starting this Thursday and not stopping until early November (really, I'm not kidding!).

To begin I will give you all a Reader's Digest version of where we are going to. Ready? Here we go: Idaho, California, Washington, California, Washington (Karl), New York (Me), California (both of us), Washington, all of Canada, New England, New York, Virginia, Georgia, Tenneese, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, California. WHEW!!!! From the time we left with the motorhome from Arizona until we get it back to AZ we will have traveled over 12,000 (in the motorhome alone). That is not counting the times we will be flying back and forth to CA. As we travel more details will follow.

Right now our first stop is up to Boise, Idaho for the Memorial day weekend. We take the motorcycle and scoot up there on Thursday (only an 8 hour trip) and meet with a bunch of other Blue Knights for an informal get-together. Then scoot back home on Sunday. From the reports of weather (from our "trusted" weatherpeople) we will definitely be getting wet and cold on Thursday, but will have a beautiful day back on Sunday. I know some of you are shaking your heads about us riding in the rain and cold, but when you have heated gear and rain gear it's not a problem other than watching out for the stupid car drivers! Just a word of advice for those of you who drive four wheels - please double check for motorcyclists when you are driving. It could be my life you are saving. So far we have ridden in ever kind of weather you can think of: rain - yes, snow - yes, sleet - yes, hail - yes (and that hurts!), winds - yes (hate that), heat - yes, hurricanes - yes, tornadoes - yes, and even sunshine!

On another note, I have been tracing my family roots lately and boy what I have found is amazing. I don't want to tell you here because my sister will read this and I don't want her to know until I see her in July and then tell her, my mom and my neice together. But they will be surprised! If you would like to know shoot me a email or ask me when you see me next. But ii has been like a treasure hunt - the more I dig the more I find.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog and will follow us on our countrywide journey this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment