Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Louisville, Kentucky

We all know that bad things come in threes. I have finally hit the third in our series. First the motorhome steps, then the freeway cat, now my computer. I received a Trojan virus from somewhere and couldn't get rid of it. Thought I had a good virus protection, but found out that my Norton is rated #13 out of 20. So I take it into Best Buy to have the Geeks clean out the virus and clean up the machine. Two days later I get a call and their diagnosis is not only do I have a virus, but I also have a bad hard drive. I do have an extended warranty service with Dell, but we all know what fun it is to call their customer service in India. Well, I did call and they are sending out a new drive, but until it gets fixed I have to share Karl's computer.

We flew to Louisville, Kentucky on Sunday, July 19, after dropping off Karl's grandson Cody and his dad John. Gong back to Sacramento, John was leaving at 10am (no problem), Cody was leaving at 11:30am (big problem) and we were off to Louisville (really big problem). John was the only one that didn't have any problems with flights. Cody never left Seattle until 12:30pm and we left on time but got stuck in St. Louis for a 4 hour delay. We arrived in town at midnight instead of 9pm. So began our Blue Knight International Convention of 2009. Monday Karl was lodged in meetings all day while I got to play a little. Since most of the men were going to be in meetings all day the host chapter set up a pampering day for the ladies which included mani's, pedi's, facials, massages and make-overs. Because we don't have our bike here we will probably do our own sightseeing for the rest of the week. I will update our blog with tour details and pictures later. For the CA-1 Blue Knights, I'm sure Karl will update y'all (I'm in Kentucky, remember?) after his meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment